Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Cause and effect


Your TASK is below the signals/clues and examples 
for Cause and Effect. Scroll down for your task.


Hints/Signals/Clues for CAUSE
These words come directly before stating the cause:
because (of), due to, the reason for this is

                            [Effect] because [cause].
I have a well-paying job because I studied in school.
My ice cream is melting because it is a hot day.
Because [cause], [effect].
Because I studied in school, I have a well-paying job.  
Because of the heat, my ice cream is melting .


                           [Effect] due to [cause].
I cannot get a good job due to my bad grades in school.
My ice cream melted due to my standing outside in the heat.
Due to [cause], [effect].
Due to my not paying attention in class, I failed the test.
Due to today’s hot weather, my ice cream melted quickly.

                     [Effect]. The reason for this is [cause].
I can buy a nice car. The reason for this is that I have a well-paying job.
I need to have my kandora cleaned. The reason for this is my ice cream melted on it.


Hints/Signals/Clues for EFFECT
These words come directly before stating the effect:
cause(s), That’s why, That means that, so

[Cause] cause(s) [effect].
Tests cause stress.
The heat from the sun causes my ice cream to melt. 

                              [Cause]. That’s why [effect].
I want four beautiful wives. That’s why I try to be successful.
My ice cream melted on hands. That’s why they are dirty.

                     [Cause]. This means that [effect].
I have a large family. This means that I need a well-paying job.
I got chocolate on my kandora. This means that my mother will be angry.

               [Cause] so [effect].
I drive a Bugatti so people think I am cool.
I don’t want my ice cream to melt quickly so I eat it inside with the A.C. on.



                TASK:

Use the vocab words for cause and effect to write sentences about the situations in the following images. Send it your teacher as an email.

You should include at least each phrase one time. 

because, due to, The reason for this is, cause, That’s why, This means that, so



1)
Office Dinosaur

2)
Smoking Cigarettes

3)
Polar Bear in Heat

4)
Empty Movie Theater.....
.....Internet Piracy


5)
Gooooooooooooooooooooooal!!!!

6)
Elephant Traffic

7)
Ninja Head Slice

8)

Spider Scare
 
9) Write your own.
10) Write your own.








No comments:

Post a Comment